There will not be a meeting today for NJHS!!!
The next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 28th.
Relay for Life 2014
NJHS will be participating in the Riverside Relay for Life this spring.
The following information are the specifics for the relay.When: May 3rd and 4th
Begins: 12:00 pm, May 3rd
Ends: 6:00 am, May 4th
Where: Riverside Park
753 Park Street
Jacksonville, FL 32204
This year the relay will be at Riverside Park. This is a terrific way for NJHS members to complete their volunteer hours before the end of the school year. In order to participate, students will need to bring the following things to the next NJHS meeting on April 23rd.
-Youth Agreement2013 Relay For Life Youth Agreement.pdf
-$2 in cash this will be used to register the team for the relay
We will need chaperones for this event. Any parents who would like to chaperone will need to complete the Chaperone Agreement form.2013 Relay For Life Chaperone Agreement.pdf
We will have a booth at the relay. This booth will follow the theme for the relay
What Is Relay?
James Weldon Johnson Middle School
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society is an honorary society that promotes enthusiasm for scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. To be a member, an individual must epitomize these qualities. The following guidelines will give further help in the definition of scholarship, leadership, service, character, and citizenship.
The student who serves:
The student of character:
The student who demonstrates citizenship:
Relay for Life is QUICKLY Approaching!!!
April 20-21, 2013 12pm Saturday - 6am Sunday
After attending the most recent captain’s meeting, I have been reminded of what we need to do. (Our group is normally one of the largest, so we have also been assigned a space large enough for two tentsJ.)
· Students make sure you can come for the times that have been assigned. Check with Mrs. Toole if you need to make a change.
· We will be in charge of selling snacks for our booth to raise money. My suggestion is to bake brownies, cookies or something easy that will not be messy to package (wrap in plastic wrap)
· We will need parent volunteers to come and sit with me to help supervise all that is going on.
· We will need to bring our own snacks/drinks. If you plan on staying the night, or just a few hours, you will need something to drink and eat. Other booths will be providing some food and drinks to purchase as their means of raising money, but you will need to have money to buy that.
· If you have extra chairs that we can use, please see me. You will want to rest at some point. You may also want to bring something to sit on or some type of covers/blanket in the event is gets cold. We will be on the river and it may become breezy.
-Please continue the online fundraising. THere has been an HP notepad that has been donated that will be awarded to the student from JWJ who raises the most $$!!
Notes from the December meeting: